NS Bikes Define AL 170 1 Suspension Bike 2021
- Brand: NS Bikes
- SKU: 44153742
NS Bikes Define AL 170 1 Suspension Bike
The Define AL 170 is a long-travel trail-slayer that’s engineered, equipped and optimised to dominate the most challenging and demanding terrains on Earth. It features an alloy frame with modern enduro/all-mountain specific geometry that takes advantage of modern technologies and wheel sizes. With slack and adjustable geometry, a 29″ front wheel, 27.5″ rear wheel, long-travel suspension and Boost hub spacing, this bike is ready for anything.
It’s fitted with 180mm travel Fox Float 38 Performance forks, a 170mm travel Fox Float X2 Performance rear shock and a SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed groupset with a wide-ranging 11-50T cassette and SRAM Guide RE hydraulic disc brakes. Plus, it rolls upon Tubeless Ready Octane One Solar Rims, NS Rotary hubs and Tubeless Wide Trail Maxxis High Roller II downhill tyres. And, it’s kitted out with a X-Fusion Manic internal dropper seatpost and titanium shock bolts.
Lightweight, Agile and Elegant Long-Travel Full-Suspension Bike
The beautiful carbon Define is now available in metal. It was a big challenge to translate the complex lines of this bike to another material, and NS Bikes have sweated every detail of this high-end alloy frame to make it as light and as stylish as possible.
Some of the unique features include an adjustable bottom bracket (BB) height and semi-integrated cable guides – a practical and elegant solution of the internal / external cable routing dilemma. Big sealed pivots keep it stable and guarantee long periods of smooth, service free function. There are a few things that NS borrowed directly from the Snabb – and that is the kinematics of the 4-bar suspension that everyone loves.
All-Terrain Optimised Bike for Enduro, All-Mountain and Downhill
This is the biggest bike in the Define range and is something of a crossover between enduro and downhill. It’s a big, capable bike. Mixing wheel sizes is the best solution for a bike like this. After a lot of testing and processing opinions, NS Bikes decided to implement a solution that makes a lot of sense for many riders.
A big, fast rolling 29” wheel in the front plows through rough terrain, and a smaller 27.5 wheel in the rear is tucked in and allows more suspension travel to be applied without fear of conflicts with the frame or body parts. On timed runs, this setup has proven to be the fastest, especially for smaller riders. Let’s not forget that this is still a Define – which means it is built around a gorgeous alloy frame with custom hydroformed tubes, hidden external cable routing, big bearings and radical geometry.
Fox Float 38 Performance Forks and Float X2 Performance Rear Shock
Optimised to maintain traction and control while retaining efficient and stable pedalling performance, this full suspension bike is armed with a Fox Float 38 Performance Grip 180mm travel suspension fork and 170mm travel Fox Float X2 Performance rear shock. This suspension setup gives you all-terrain riding stability and control that is suited to riding and racing across rough terrains, steep descents and technical climbs anywhere on Earth.
SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed Groupset and Guide RE Hydraulic Disc Brakes
NS Bikes has equipped this full-suspension model with a SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain and SRAM Guide RE hydraulic disc brakes. This outstanding combo shifts quickly and accurately through its wide-range 11-50T cassette with every flick of the shift lever while its powerful hydraulic disc brakes control your momentum in all weathers and terrains.
29″ Front Wheel, 27.5″ Rear Wheel and Maxxis High Roller II Tyres
With a 29″ rim at the front and a 27.5″ at the rear, this bike rolls upon pair of Tubeless Ready Octane One Solar rims, giving you fast rolling stability and control anywhere on the mountain. Engineered to be tubeless-ready, these wheels reap the benefits from being fitted with Wide Trail EXO Tubeless Ready Maxxis High Roller II tyres for greater grip and immense reliability. Plus, its Boost-sized NS Rotary hubs ensure a stiffer, more responsive performance over even the toughest terrains imaginable.
- Tough Alloy Frame With Custom Hydroformed Tubes & Double Pass Welds
- Progressive Geometry With 44mm Fork Rake
- 29” Front / 27.5” Rear Wheel Combination
- 180mm Front / 170mm Rear Travel
- Fox Float 38 Performance Fork + New Fox Float X2 Shock
- X-fusion Manic Dropper Post
- SRAM GX 1×12 Derailleur
- SRAM Guide RE Brakes
- Titanium Oilslick Shock Mount Bolts
- Frame: NS Define AL 170mm travel, AL6061-T6 + AL6066-T6, custom hydroformed tubes, semi internal cable routing
- Rear Shock: Fox Float X2 Performance 2 Pos Lever w/ LSC, LSR Trunnion 225x70mm
- Forks: Fox Float 38 Performance Grip, 180mm travel, 3 Pos Micro Adj Lever, 110x15mm Boost, 1.5T, 44mm offset
- Headset: GW integrated tapered IS42/IS52, sealed bearings
- Stem: NS Quantum Lite 35, 45mm
- Handlebar: NS 35, 800mm, 20mm rise
- Grips: NS Hold Fast
- Seatpost: X-Fusion Manic internal S:125mm, M:150mm, L:170mm
- Saddle: Octane One Crit, CrMo hollow rails
- Front Brake: SRAM Guide RE, 200mm
- Rear Brake: SRAM Guide RE, 200mm
- Rims: Octane One Solar 29” front, Octane One Solar 27.5” rear, 32h, Tubeless Compatible
- Spokes: Spokes with 14mm nipples
- Front Hub: NS Rotary 110x15mm Boost (sealed bearings)
- Rear Hub: NS Rotary Cassette 148x12mm Boost (sealed bearings)
- Tyres Front / Rear: Maxxis High Roller II 29×2.5″ Wide Trail Tubeless Ready EXO / Maxxis High Roller II 27.5×2.4″ Tubeless Ready DH
- Crankset: Truvativ Descendant 6K DUB 170mm 34t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB BSA 73mm
- Chain: SRAM, 12-Speed
- Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-Speed
- Shifters: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1210, 12-Speed 11-50t
- Weight: 15.5 kg