NS Bikes Define AL 170 2 Suspension Bike 2021
- Brand: NS Bikes
- SKU: 47624732
NS Bikes Define AL 170 2 Suspension Bike
The ideal long-travel full-suspension bike for riding even the most daring terrains on Earth, the NS Define AL 170 2 is engineered and equipped for any challenge. It features a robust and lightweight alloy frame that’s designed with modern enduro geometry for the greatest balance of agility, efficiency and all-day riding comfort and control.
It’s fitted with 180mm travel RockShox Zeb forks, a 170mm travel X-Fusion Vector rear shock and a Shimano Deore 12-Speed groupset with a wide-ranging 11-51T cassette and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes. Plus, it rolls upon Tubeless Ready Octane One Solar Rims, NS Rotary hubs and wide Schwalbe Big Betty bike park tyres. And, it’s kitted out with a X-Fusion Manic internal dropper seatpost and a stylish NS Bikes finishing kit.
Lightweight, Agile and Elegant Long-Travel Full-Suspension Bike
The beautiful carbon Define is now available in metal. It was a big challenge to translate the complex lines of this bike to another material, and NS Bikes have sweated every detail of this high-end alloy frame to make it as light and as stylish as possible.
Some of the unique features include an adjustable bottom bracket (BB) height and semi-integrated cable guides – a practical and elegant solution of the internal / external cable routing dilemma. Big sealed pivots keep it stable and guarantee long periods of smooth, service free function. There are a few things that NS borrowed directly from the Snabb – and that is the kinematics of the 4-bar suspension that everyone loves.
All-Terrain Optimised Bike for Enduro, All-Mountain and Downhill
This is the biggest bike in the Define range and is something of a crossover between enduro and downhill. It’s a big, capable bike. Mixing wheel sizes is the best solution for a bike like this. After a lot of testing and processing opinions, NS Bikes decided to implement a solution that makes a lot of sense for many riders.
A big, fast rolling 29” wheel in the front plows through rough terrain, and a smaller 27.5 wheel in the rear is tucked in and allows more suspension travel to be applied without fear of conflicts with the frame or body parts. On timed runs, this setup has proven to be the fastest, especially for smaller riders. Let’s not forget that this is still a Define – which means it is built around a gorgeous alloy frame with custom hydroformed tubes, hidden external cable routing, big bearings and radical geometry.
RockShox Zeb Forks and X-Fusion Vector Rear Shock
Optimised to maintain traction and control while retaining efficient and stable pedalling performance, this full suspension bike is armed with a RockShox Zeb 180mm travel suspension fork and 170mm travel X-Fusion Vector R rear shock. This suspension setup gives you all-terrain riding stability and control that is suited to riding and racing across rough terrains, steep descents and technical climbs anywhere on Earth.
Shimano Deore 12-Speed Groupset with Shimano Hydraulic Disc Brakes
NS Bikes has equipped this full-suspension model with a Shimano Deore M6100 12-speed drivetrain and Shimano MT420 hydraulic disc brakes. This outstanding combo shifts quickly and accurately through its wide-range 11-51T cassette with every flick of the shift lever while its powerful hydraulic disc brakes control your momentum in all weathers and terrains.
29″ Front Wheel, 27.5″ Rear Wheel and Schwalbe Big Betty BikePark Tyres
With a 29″ rim at the front and a 27.5″ at the rear, this bike rolls upon pair of Tubeless Ready Octane One Solar rims, giving you fast rolling stability and control anywhere on the mountain. Engineered to be tubeless-ready, these wheels reap the benefits from being fitted with 2.4″-wide Schwalbe Big Betty BikePark tyres for greater grip and immense reliability. Plus, its Boost-sized NS Rotary hubs ensure a stiffer, more responsive performance over even the toughest terrains imaginable.
- Frame: NS Define AL w/ 170mm travel, AL6061-T6 + AL6066-T6, custom hydroformed tubes, semi internal cable routing
- Rear Shock: X-Fusion Vector R Trunnion 225x70mm, S:350lbs/in, M:400lbs/in, L:450lbs/in
- Forks: RockShox ZEB 180mm travel, 110x15mm Boost, 1.5T, 44mm offset
- Headset: GW integrated tapered IS42/IS52, sealed bearings
- Stem: NS Tone 35, 45mm
- Handlebar: NS 35, 800mm, 20mm rise
- Grips: NS Hold Fast
- Seatpost: X-Fusion Manic internal S:125mm, M:150mm, L:170mm
- Saddle: Octane OneRocket2, CrMo hollow rails
- Front Brake: Shimano MT420, 200mm
- Rear Brake: Shimano MT420, 200mm
- Rims: Octane One Solar 29” front, Octane One Solar 27.5” rear, 32h, tubeless compatible
- Spokes: Spokes w/14mm nipples
- Front Hub: NS 110x15mm Boost (sealed bearings)
- Rear Hub: NS 148x12mm Boost (sealed bearings)
- Tyres Front / Rear: Schwalbe Big Betty BikePark 29×2.4″ / Schwalbe Big Betty BikePark 27.5×2.4″
- Crankset: Shimano Deore FCMT5101 170mm 34t
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BSA 73mm
- Chain: Shimano, 12-Speed
- Derailleur: Shimano Deore M6100, 12-Speed
- Shifters: Shimano Deore M6100, 12-Speed
- Cassette: Sunrace CSMZ800, 12-Speed 11-51T
- Weight: 15.8 kg