Vitus Escarpe 29 CRX Mountain Bike 2021
- Brand: Vitus
- SKU: 45591309
Vitus Escarpe 29 CRX Mountain Bike
Ideal for riding anywhere on the mountainside, the Vitus Escarpe 29 CRX features an alloy/carbon frame, Fox Factory Kashima coated suspension and a Shimano XT 1×12-speed groupset with hydraulic disk brakes. This bike is engineered and equipped for steep climbs, fast descents over rough terrains, all-day epics high in the mountains and takes enduro routes in its stride. Plus, it rolls upon quality DT Swiss M1700 race wheels wrapped in ultra-fast and grippy Maxxis MaxxTerra tubeless ready tyres while a Brand-X dropper seatpost and Nukeproof finishing kit combines for exceptional comfort, reliability and style.
Fox Factory Kashima Suspension Forks and Rear Shock
This model is the flagship Escarpe 29 CRX from Vitus that’s ready for you to hit your trail of choice. The 29 CRX comes with 140mm of frame travel, matched with buttery smooth 150mm Fox 36 Factory GRIP2 forks paired with a Fox Float DPS Factory rear shock to keep you planted when the trails get rough. Shimano’s high performance 1×12 wide range XT drivetrain provides reliable shifting for all day epics while the Shimano XT brakes provide ample stopping power.
DT Swiss M1700 Wheels and Maxxis MaxxTerra Tyres
Rolling on the high-performance DT Swiss M1700 wheels and a Maxxis Assegai / Dissector tubeless ready tyre combo to provide the right balance of grip and speed. Finished with Nukeproof components and a Brand-X Ascend dropper post, you’ll have the confidence take your trail riding to the next level with the Escarpe 29 CRX.
Carbon/Alloy Trail Optimised Frameset
Vitus has engineered this bike with a redesigned carbon front triangle paired with an aluminium rear end. This trail-optimised frame with its revamped geometry and improved suspension kinematics ensure the Escarpe climbs efficiently on the way up and descends with playful confidence on the way back down and takes your riding to the next level.
Stable and Sensitive All-Mountain Suspension Performance
Vitus straightened the leverage curve and increased the progressivity to improve the small bump sensitivity and mid stroke support to keep you in control when the trails get rough. Along with improved geometry the new Escarpe also has improved seat post insertion which allows for a longer dropper post to be fitted as standard ensuring you get the most comfortable riding position on the way up and back down. Basically, the Escarpe CRX is better in every way. If you want a confidence inspiring all mountain bike that can climb as well as a trail bike and descend like an enduro bike, then the Vitus Escarpe 29 CRX Mountain Bike is for you.
- Frame: Escarpe T700 carbon front triangle, alloy 6061 rear Internal cable routing, post mount disc brake mounts, BSA threaded BB, Boost hub spacing – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Fork: FOX 36 Float Factory Series 29” Kashima coating, Grip2 damper, 36mm stanchions, 150mm travel, 110mm x 15mm QR axle 44mm rake
- Rear Shock: Fox Float DPS Factory Kashima coating, EVOL air spring, 3 position lever, 205mm x 60mm, trunnion
- Headset: Acros AZX-212-CO R5 Sealed bearings, OD44, 44/28.6 – 56/40
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Horizon riser Alloy 7050, 25mm rise, 9° back sweep, 760mm wide S/M, 780mm wide L/XL
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron Alloy 6061, 45mm reach, 0° rise
- Grips: Vitus lock on
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss M 1700 SPLINE 6 Bolt Black Front, 15x110mm, 29″
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss M 1700 SPLINE 6 Bolt Black, 12x148mm, 29″ Shimano Microspline Driver Body
- Front Hub: DT Swiss M 1700 110mm x 15mm thru axle, 6 Bolt
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss M 1700 6 Bolt, Shimano microspline driver, Boost – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 3C MaxxTerra compound, EXO/TR, 29” x 2.50”
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Dissector 3C MaxxTerra compound, EXO/TR, 29” x 2.40”
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100 12 speed
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100 30t, 170mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano SM-BB52, BSA 73mm BSA Threaded
- Front Brake: Shimano XT MT8120
- Rear Brake: Shimano XT MT8100
- Rotors: Shimano SM-RT76 or Brakco DR-02 203mm front / 180mm rear, 6 bolt
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100 Shadow plus, long cage, 12 speed
- Rear Shifter: Shimano XT M8100 Rapidfire plus, 12 speed
- Cassette: Shimano XT M8100 10t-51t, 12 speed
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend dropper Remote lever, 31.6mm, S 125mm drop/M 150mm drop/L,XL 170mm drop
- Seat Screw: Vitus bolt, 36.4mm
- Gear Hanger: SRAM UDH
- Weight: 14.3kg (tubeless setup)