Vitus Sommet 29 CR Mountain Bike 2021
- Brand: Vitus
- SKU: 44718630
Vitus Sommet 29 CR Mountain Bike
The Vitus Sommet 29 CR is a long-travel full-suspension bike that’s ideal for all-mountain adventures, technical climbs and steep enduro descents. It features a carbon/alloy frame, with 170mm of RockShox Yari suspension up front and 162mm at the rear from a RockShox Super Deluxe. Plus, it’s driven onwards by a Shimano Deore 1×12-Speed groupset with a wide-ranging cassette and powerful hydraulic disc brakes. Also, this versatile suspension bike rolls upon WTB KOM wheels wrapped in Maxxis MaxxTerra tyres, giving you an outstanding balance of fast rolling speed, high-grip and all-terrain reliability. And, this wheel/tyre combo is Tubeless Ready for even more performance and a reduced weight.
Enduro Optimised Geometry and Suspension
The all new Vitus Sommet is a 170mm-travel big hitting enduro bike that features a redesigned carbon front triangle paired with an aluminium rear end. With revamped geometry and improved suspension kinematics, the Sommet is ready to tackle the roughest trails there are, from big mountain alpine descents to steep technical enduro trails.
Improved Suspension Leverage Curve and Sensitivity
Vitus has straightened this bike’s leverage curve and increased the progressivity to improve the small bump sensitivity and mid stroke support to keep you in control when the trails get rough. Along with improved geometry the new Sommet also has more seat post insertion which allows for a longer dropper post to be fitted. Basically, the Sommet is better in every way. If you want a confidence inspiring Enduro bike that will help guide you down the roughest trails then the Sommet is for you.
RockShox Yari Forks and Super Deluxe Rear Shock
The Sommet 29 CR is ready for you to hit your trail of choice. The 29 CR comes with 162mm of frame travel, matched with buttery smooth 170mm Rockshox Yari RC forks paired with a Rockshox Super Deluxe R rear shock to keep you planted when the trails get rough. Shimano’s reliable 1×12 wide range Deore drivetrain provides reliable shifting for race day while the hydraulic disc brakes provide superb all-weather stopping power on those long, fast and steep descents.
WTB KOM Trail Wheels and Maxxis Tubeless Ready Tyres
Rolling on the reliable WTB KOM Trail i30 rims and a Maxxis Assegai / Minion DHR II tubeless ready tyre combo to provide confidence inspiring grip. Finished with Nukeproof components and a Brand-X Ascend dropper post you’ll have the confidence take your enduro riding to the next level with the Vitus Sommet 29 CR Mountain Bike.
- Frame: Sommet T700 carbon front triangle, alloy 6061 rear, 162mm rear travel, Internal cable routing, post mount disc brake mounts, BSA threaded BB, Boost hub spacing – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Fork: RockShox Yari RC 29” Motion Control damper, DebonAir, 35mm stanchions, 170mm travel, 110mm x 15mm MaxleStealth axle 42mm offset
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select DebonAir, 205mm x 62.5mm, trunnion
- Headset: Acros AZX-212-CO R5 Sealed bearings, OD44, 44/28.6 – 56/40
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Horizon riser Alloy 7050, 25mm rise, 9° back sweep, 780mm wide S/M, 800mm wide L/XL
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron Alloy 6061, 45mm reach, 0° rise 31.8mm
- Grips: Vitus lock on
- Front Rim: WTB KOM Trail i30 TCS, 29”, 32h tubeless tape fitted
- Rear Rim: WTB KOM Trail i30 TCS, 29”, 32h tubeless tape fitted
- Front Hub: Vitus KT DHF112 Double sealed bearings, 32h, 6 bolt, Boost – 110mm x 15mm thru axle
- Rear Hub: Vitus KT H5ER-SH Double sealed bearings, 32h, 6 bolt, Boost – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 3C MaxxGrip compound, EVO+, 29” x 2.50”
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR II 3C MaxxTerra compound, DD/TR, 29” x 2.40”
- Chain: Shimano Deore M6100 12 speed
- Crankset: Shimano Deore M6100 32t, 170mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano SM-BB52, BS 73mm BSA Threaded
- Front Brake: Shimano MT520 or Hayes Dominion A2
- Rear Brake: Shimano MT520 or Hayes Dominion A2
- Rotors: Shimano SM-RT66 or Brakco DR-02 203mm, 6 bolt
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore M6100 Shadow plus, long cage, 12 speed
- Rear Shifter: Shimano Deore M6100 Rapidfire plus, 12 speed
- Cassette: Shimano Deore M6100 10t-51t, 12 speed
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend dropper Remote lever, 31.6mm, S 125mm drop/M 150mm drop/L,XL 170mm drop
- Seat Screw: Vitus bolt, 36.4mm
- Chain Guide: Nukeproof Chain Guide ISCG 05 Alloy back plate
- Gear Hanger: SRAM UDH
- Weight: 15.77kg (Tubeless setup)