Vitus Sommet 29 CRS Mountain Bike 2021
- Brand: Vitus
- SKU: 44002131
Vitus Sommet 29 CRS Mountain Bike
A high-quality full-suspension bike for the Worlds toughest terrains, the Vitus Sommet 29 CRS features a carbon/alloy frame with 170mm front travel and 162mm at the rear while rolling on 29″ wheels. Vitus has equipped it with RockShox Lyrik forks and a Super Deluxe rear shock, giving you exceptional traction, control and composure for riding anywhere. Plus, it’s armed with a Shimano SLX 12-Speed drivetrain, hydraulic disc brakes and rolls upon DT Swiss E1900 wheels wrapped in Maxxis Tubeless Ready tyres.
Enduro Optimised Geometry and Suspension
The all new Vitus Sommet is a 170mm big hitting enduro bike that features a redesigned carbon front triangle paired with an aluminium rear end. With revamped geometry and improved suspension kinematics, the Sommet is ready to tackle the roughest trails there are, from big mountain alpine descents to steep technical enduro trails.
Improved Suspension Leverage Curve and Sensitivity
Vitus has straightened this bike’s leverage curve and increased the progressivity to improve the small bump sensitivity and mid stroke support to keep you in control when the trails get rough. Along with improved geometry the new Sommet also has more seat post insertion which allows for a longer dropper post to be fitted. Basically, the Sommet is better in every way. If you want a confidence inspiring Enduro bike that will help guide you down the roughest trails then the Sommet is for you.
RockShox Suspension and Shimano SLX 12-Speed Drivetrain
The Sommet 29 CRS is ready for you to hit your trail of choice. The 29 CRS comes with 162mm of frame travel, matched with buttery smooth 170mm Rockshox Lyric Select RC forks paired with a Rockshox Super Deluxe+ RT rear shock to keep you planted when the trails get rough. Shimano’s high performance 1×12 wide range SLX drivetrain provides reliable shifting for race day while the Shimano SLX brakes provide ample stopping power on those long, steep descents.
DT Swiss E1900 Wheels and Maxxis Tubeless Ready Tyres
Rolling on high-performance DT Swiss E1900 wheels and a Maxxis Assegai / Minion DHR II tubeless ready tyre combo to provide confidence inspiring grip. Finished with Nukeproof components and a Brand-X Ascend dropper post you’ll have the confidence take your enduro riding to the next level with the Vitus Sommet 29 CRS Mountain Bike.
- Frame: Sommet T700 carbon front triangle, alloy 6061 rear, Internal cable routing, post mount disc brake mounts, BSA threaded BB, Boost hub spacing – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Select 29” Charger RC damper, DebonAir, 35mm stanchions, 170mm travel, 110mm x 15mm MaxleStealth axle 42mm offset
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ DebonAir, 205mm x 62.5mm, trunnion
- Headset: Acros AZX-212-CO R5 Sealed bearings, OD44, 44/28.6 – 56/40
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Horizon riser Alloy 7050, 25mm rise, 9° back sweep, 780mm wide S/M, 800mm wide L/XL
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron Alloy 6061, 45mm reach, 0° rise 31.8mm
- Grips: Vitus lock on
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss E1900 Spline 30, 15x110mm, 29″, 6 Bolt – 110mm x 15mm thru axle
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss E1900 Spline 30, 29″, 6 Bolt Shimano microspline driver, Boost – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 3C MaxxGrip compound, EVO+, 29” x 2.50”
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR II 3C MaxxTerra compound, DD/TR, 29” x 2.40”
- Chain: Shimano SLX M7100 12 speed
- Crankset: Shimano SLX M7100 30t, 170mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano SM-BB52, BS 73mm BSA Threaded
- Front Brake: Shimano SLX MT7120
- Rear Brake: Shimano SLX MT7120
- Rotors: Shimano SM-RT66 or Brakco DR-02 203mm, 6 bolt
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M7100 Shadow plus, long cage, 12 speed
- Rear Shifter: Shimano SLX M7100 Rapidfire plus, 12 speed
- Cassette: Shimano SLX M7100 10t-51t, 12 speed
- Saddle: WTB Volt Medium 142mm x 265mm, Cro-moly rails
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend dropper Remote lever, 31.6mm, S 125mm drop/M 150mm drop/L,XL 170mm drop
- Seat Screw: Vitus bolt, 36.4mm
- Chain Guide: Nukeproof Chain Guide ISCG 05 Alloy back plate
- Gear Hanger: SRAM UDH
- Weight: 15.52kg (tubeless setup)