Vitus Sommet 29 CRX Mountain Bike 2021
- Brand: Vitus
- SKU: 41616810
Vitus Sommet 29 CRX Mountain Bike
The Sommet 29 CRX provides top-performance, agility and control for riding rugged enduro routes and daring all-mountain terrains. This full-suspension bike features a carbon front triangle with an alloy back end, combined with Fox Factory Kashima suspension and a Shimano XT 12-Speed groupset. Plus, it rolls upon DT Swiss EX1700 wheels wrapped in Maxxis tubeless ready tyres, giving you a fast, stable and high-grip performance suited to riding anywhere.
Enduro Optimised Geometry and Suspension
The all new Vitus Sommet is a 170mm big hitting enduro bike that features a redesigned carbon front triangle paired with an aluminium rear end. With revamped geometry and improved suspension kinematics, the Sommet is ready to tackle the roughest trails there are, from big mountain alpine descents to steep technical enduro trails.
Improved Suspension Leverage Curve and Sensitivity
Vitus has straightened this bike’s leverage curve and increased the progressivity to improve the small bump sensitivity and mid stroke support to keep you in control when the trails get rough. Along with improved geometry the new Sommet also has more seat post insertion which allows for a longer dropper post to be fitted. Basically, the Sommet is better in every way. If you want a confidence inspiring Enduro bike that will help guide you down the roughest trails then the Sommet is for you.
Fox Factory Kashima Suspension and Shimano XT 12-Speed Drivetrain
The Sommet 29 CRX is a flagship model from Vitus that’s ready for you to hit your trail of choice. The 29 CRX comes with 162mm of frame travel, matched with buttery smooth 170mm Fox 38 Factory GRIP2 forks paired with a Fox Float X2 Factory rear shock to keep you planted when the trails get rough. Shimano’s high performance 1×12 wide range XT drivetrain provides reliable shifting for race day while the Shimano XT brakes provide ample stopping power on those long, steep descents.
DT Swiss EX1700 Wheels and Maxxis Tubeless Ready Tyres
Rolling on the high-performance DT Swiss EX1700 wheels and a Maxxis Assegai / Minion DHR II tubeless ready tyre combo to provide confidence inspiring grip. Finished with Nukeproof components and a Brand-X Ascend dropper post you’ll have the confidence take your enduro riding to the next level with the Vitus Sommet 29 CRX Mountain Bike.
- Frame: Sommet T700 carbon front triangle, alloy 6061 rear, Internal cable routing, post mount disc brake mounts, BSA threaded BB, Boost hub spacing – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Fork: FOX 38 Float EVOL Factory Series 29” Kashima coating, Grip2 damper, 38mm stanchions, 170mm travel, 110mm x 15mm QR axle 37mm rake
- Rear Shock: Fox Float X2 Factory Series Kashima coating, Grip2 air spring, 2 position lever, 205mm x 65mm, trunnion
- Headset: Acros AZX-212-CO R5 Sealed bearings, OD44, 44/28.6 – 56/40
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Horizon riser Alloy 7050, 25mm rise, 9° back sweep, 780mm wide S/M, 800mm wide L/XL
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron Alloy 6061, 45mm reach, 0° rise 31.8mm
- Grips: Vitus lock on
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss EX 1700 Spline 30, 15x110mm, 29″, 6 Bolt – 110mm x 15mm thru axle
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss EX 1700 Spline 30, 29″, 6 Bolt Shimano microspline driver, Boost – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 3C MaxxGrip compound, EVO+, 29” x 2.50”
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR II 3C MaxxTerra compound, DD/TR, 29” x 2.40”
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100 12 speed
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100 32t, 170mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano SM-BB52, BS 73mm BSA Threaded
- Front Brake: Shimano XT MT8120
- Rear Brake: Shimano XT MT8120
- Rotors: Shimano SM-RT76 or Brakco DR-02 203mm, 6 bolt
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100 Shadow plus, long cage, 12 speed
- Rear Shifter: Shimano XT M8100 Rapidfire plus, 12 speed
- Cassette: Shimano XT M8100 10t-51t, 12 speed
- Saddle: WTB Volt Medium 142mm x 265mm, Cro-moly rails
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend dropper Remote lever, 31.6mm, S 125mm drop/M 150mm drop/L,XL 170mm drop
- Seat Screw: Vitus bolt, 36.4mm
- Chain Guide: Nukeproof Chain Guide ISCG 05 Alloy back plate
- Gear Hanger: SRAM UDH
- Weight: 15kg (tubeless setup)